Monday, October 26, 2009

Pumpkins and Leaves

I was so excited to take Miles to a pumpkin patch this year, but we just can't seem to find a break in the weather on the weekends! We've gotten a lot of rain. But last Saturday, we took a chance on the break in the clouds and went just down the street to a little farmer's market with pumpkins that was set up sooo cute. It was a fun little trip. We loaded up on a white pumpkin, a baby pumpkin for Miles, fresh cider, apples and flavored honey sticks. :) Miles of course loved looking at the pumpkins and picking up the muddy wet hay to throw.




poking out the skeleton's eye... well, if he had an eye ;)



this is a very pretty tree at an elementary school in Haymarket. there was some little guys' football practice going on (I'm sure they were only about 10 yr olds... loved that! :D I could see little future Miles out there) but Brian ventured out into the field anyway (out of the way of the players, of course) to take some pictures for me

The falls are so wonderful out here I have to keep reminding myself that it's fall and not spring. :) So excited for Halloween this week.
Happy pumpkin carving and spooky fun this week!! :D

No comments: