Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Milestones

My baby is 6 months old.... WOW. It seems like just yesterday I was tucking away those six month clothes received from baby showers and thinking, "He's never going to fit into these! They're so big!" And lo and behold, today he's wearing them! At this point he moves like a mongoose across the floor, he has two little bottom teeth that have popped out, he can sit up pretty much by himself (unless he spots something he wants, then he's got to lunge himself off to get it), and he weighs about 18 lbs. No wonder I'm tired all the time!

Some of my favorite things about my little Miles :)


He has a superman curl in his hair right in the front. So cute!


He frequently crawls right out of his pants. Usually after I've just put them on.


He gets giggly when he gets really tired, just like his mama. It takes some effort to actually get him to laugh, but when he really does get going, it's the most adorable thing EVER!


He is so much fun to play with and laugh with and cuddle with.


He is so dang curious and determined to get into everything! The child never stops moving!


He's been throwing consonants into his babble, and my hearts melts everytime I get a 'ma' and 'mama'


He has his grin (which is adorable) and his evil grin. He knows when he's being mischevious. (This isn't a picture of the evil grin, but it's really not too hard to imagine. ;)


He busts out some of the craziest, break-dance style moves. He looks like spiderman or something. It's really funny. Especially when he's got himself stuck! (As he's trying to climb all over and pull up onto EVERYTHING he can get his little hands to reach!)


I know his brown eyes came from the Phipps side, even though his dad has blue eyes- and at first it kind of wierded me out (all of my family has blue eyes or lighter/hazel eyes), but now I LOVE my big brown-eyed boy. :)


Even though being a mom can be tough sometimes, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I love you so much Miles!!!! And, a big Happy Birthday to my Mom! :D I love you!!!

4 comments:

Jenn said...

He is so dang cute. i can't believe how big he has gotten. The thing about most boys is that the are curious and mischeivous. All 4 of mine are that way. He does make that cuttest faces.

melinda said...

I can't believe is is already 6 months old! I was just going though pictures on my phone and I found the ones you you guys sent from the hospital.... It's almost time for you to get here! :)

Crystal said...

He is way cute!! And it definitely goes by fast. How are you guys enjoying your new home!

Alex said...

I love that he crawls out of his pants, and the fact that he giggles instead of cries when he's tired is really awesome. I can't believe all he's doing already; I believe you when you say you're tired! See you around at Target. ;)