It was beautiful driving up there- all that open, rolling countryside. And I will admit that the Blue Ride Mountains did look a bit more 'mountainish' once we actually got in there. ;)
We arrived and the line was HUGE, but decided to give it a go anyway. They were getting people in pretty quick and were just handing out headphones that you could use instead sending around a tour guide. I was excited that we were going to get the chance to use our new stroller- and then surprise, surprise, we ended up pushing the stroller AND carrying around Miles the whole time! I think he didn't like being stuck with tons of people. We literally felt like sardines packed in with about a million Pakistani's. ;) But eventually we made it past the 'lake' and the people really thinned out, and then it was a lot of fun looking around and taking pictures. They have an organ that plays its notes from the stalactites! So cool! There were some ginormous openings, and it was fun walking through some of the tighter tunnels too. We had a great time. :)





{the lake was really pretty cool}





{organ}
{wishing well}


{blue ridge mountains}

{enjoying Old Dominion Root Beer made right here in Ashburn! we also had some fudge made there by a recipe from the 1800's- it was delicious}
{we walked through the car museum there as well. it was actually really cool! this is a carriage from the early 1700's! hello pride and prejudice! ;)}
{stage coach from the 1800's.}

{Miles is ready to say good-bye! :)}
4 comments:
How cool!!! I've been in some caves...but never that pretty. Loved the family pix on Facebook!!! Your family should be in a magazine!
that looks so fun!
maybe i will have to get my boys there...
thanks for having us over today, you are so cute!
i can't believe how big miles is getting! and so super cute!!! and sheena you look smokin' girl!!!!
jealous! I grew up going to Lurray caverns and haven't been back since I was a kid. Also, I remember all of those famous and traditional recipes for fudge, root beer...even things like peanut soup. Looks like it was fun, even if Miles was a bit cranky!
p.s. I love your hair wavy! You're gorgeous, girl!
Post a Comment