Beware... This post is seriously overloaded with super fun Halloween photos!
You've been warned! ;)
So to start, earlier this month when I asked Miles what he wanted to be for Halloween, he enthusiastically replied, "A frog!!" I thought that was the cutest thing ever! And I was so excited to make his costume! I then decided if Miles was going to be a little frog, Hudson had to be... a tadpole! Hahaha! I had a blast making their costumes :D My mom always made our costumes and I've been excited since I was little to make my own kids' costumes!
One little sad note- I was so excited to get the boys dressed up for our ward trunk or treat this year, which ended up being canceled due to SNOW! It hasn't snowed here in October, apparently, since 1979. BOO! I really was so sad. But we made up for it. Photos to follow ;)
We were planning to take the boys around the neighborhood to go trick or treating this year, but then our friends asked us if we'd like to go to the mall with them. It ended up being super fun!
![]() |
| I apologize, these are cell phone photos, but here is my super cute frog! |
So the costumes ended up looking more like a muppet frog and tadpole, but I love it! :)
![]() |
| Miles and his friend Josie |
![]() |
| The coolest part of the mall was the dry ice they put in the fountain! It was my favorite part! ;) |
I had to throw in my unedited photos of what the trees looked like outside our house. The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is peek out the window above my bed to see this! Glorious!
Ok, I also have to throw this in. ;) Miles drew his first smiley faces! I seriously teared up! He's growing up too fast, my sweet boy.
Now we're back to some Halloween stuff. Since we didn't get to go to the trunk or treat, we made Halloween sugar cookies instead and started carving pumpkins. It made for a really fun day, despite the sad weather!
| my favorite one I decorated was the cauldron... ;D |
| mmm... the spoils of decorating cookies! |
Starting the pumpkins....
| Miles was really bummed that he's not old enough to handle the tools yet by himself. But he was a pretty good helper! |
| the line-up. aren't our fall mums pretty? they are huge! |
Back from trick or treating!
The boys below are in their Halloween jammies, and I had to throw on the witch hat I made this year :)
All right... and here are the pumpkins of 2011! We actually ended up with 7 pumpkins but only carved 5... we got pooped out! And started a little too late :) But it was a blast.
| Miles picked Casper for his pumpkin |
| Brian's Frankenstein... It gave him a hard time, but I still think it turned out amazing! |
| This was a huge pumpkin that we decided to go easy on ;) Brian drew out the initial idea, I drew it for him on the pumpkin and he carved him. I call it, 'the flamer' |
| I always enjoy carving a cool haunted house |
And the finale.... which I am pretty proud of ;) is... the werewolf! I think it may be one of my best.
| Add caption |
And, the even better finale... my little pumpkin is starting to smile at me. :D And really at me, not the ceiling fans like he was in the beginning. ;) Boy we love him!
Happy Halloween!!





2 comments:
We have been waiting to see what the Phipps would do this year with their pumpkins! You didn't disappoint. You're littly froggies are pretty cute too!
Wow! That was all amazing! From the costumes to the pumpkins. Martha Stewart step aside, Little Miss Sheena is rockin it now!
Post a Comment