Monday, November 14, 2011

Hudson's Baby Blessing

Yesterday we blessed little Hudson.
What a beautiful, special experience!
I have to admit, I loved that with Miles we got to do it in our home (there was quite a bit of noise at church, and the mic could have been held closer to Brian... it was hard to hear, which was kind of sad.)  It was wonderful nonetheless.  And it was so nice to have so much of Brian's family there with us. :)

Hudson and great-grandpa Jack
 Miles was pretty good at keeping everyone entertained... ;)  He had a great time playing Hungry Hippos with his aunt Emily and uncle Aaron :D  Emily said he beat her everytime but once, and she was trying, haha! 


Held by great-grandma Marie

with great-grandma Helen

It's so amazing and wonderful to welcome another little boy into our family.  I am so thankful for him!  He is such a sweetheart.

At two months he's 24" long (which puts him in the 90 percentile... maybe we've got a tall one here?) and 11 lbs. 9 oz.  He sleeps good for me (which is AMAZING... can't get over how much I love that ;)  He gives me the sweetest little shy grins!  It really is just the cutest thing ever.  I've got to get it on video.  And it melts my heart when he coos and talks to me. 

I think we've even gotten into the groove of shopping with all of us (meaning me and the two boys) together.  Woo hoo!  (that was one of my biggest worries before he was born... it's all been ok... not even any traumatic experiences! ha! ;) We even survived a day at IKEA!)

Now I cannot imagine our lives without him.
Hudson, just know how much I love you and am so grateful you are part of our little family!


1 comment:

Aimee Phipps said...

Sure wished I could have been there. So proud of you guys and the family you are raising. Thanks for sharing the pics and the stories. Love you!