Monday, July 25, 2011

Maternity Photoshoot

My amazing and wonderful friend took some maternity shots for me week before last.  We had such a good time.  We even fit in a picnic and got to let our kids play at this gorgeous park.  You can't beat a day like that!  :)

Her website is www.leilaniphotography.com  Check her out!



this is my fave-or-ite

this takes second place- so fun!  her editing skills are amazazing




So right now we're at 34 weeks.  (haha, all I can think in my mind is, EEKS!)  No, I'm really excited, there's just so much to get ready in the end and I don't want to start it too soon or worse, too late!  But it's definitely time to get things rolling.  I feel like this pregnancy has been pretty different from Miles.  Not that I can remember things that even happened this morning, let alone nearly three years ago, haha.  A few things about this time around:

#1 Craving:  Crushed ice.  Weird, I kinda know (I guess there's some 'thing' called Pica where you crave non-food items?  Ice is on that list.  But boy... do I crave it.)  I feel like Grandma Anne ;)  But, the definite benefit is all the water it makes me drink too!  So that's a good thing.  I also crave ice cream, but I've got to be honest, there's never a time I don't crave ice cream.  ;) 

A lot of back pain.  :p  I learned right from the beginning of this one where my sciatic nerve is located.  I know, whine, whine.  And I hate whining.  It really doesn't bother me until I have to spend all morning doing something like cleaning the bathrooms.... and I think I'll have to do that only 2 or so more times before the baby's born... hopefully :) 

Lots of contractions!  Holy moly a lot of them.  And already like, I mean business painful ones that have lasted an hour!  (the first time that happened actually really scared me! I was only 30 weeks, but everything calmed down and was ok.)  The dr. really wasn't that concerned.  At least I know my body is definitely getting ready for the baby to come.  Maybe early?  ;)

I've had to take an iron supplement this time around.  But boy have they made me feel better!  My mind is clearer and I definitely have more energy (though it hasn't erased my need for an afternoon cat nap :)  After I delivered Miles they nearly had to give me a blood transfusion, so I hope that taking these before the delivery this time around will help.  I'm so glad my dr. decided to tell me my blood count was low and I needed to take them!

Overall things have been really good.  :)  We're still on the lookout for a name for this little boy (I guess... if it were completely up to me, we'd have it ;) but Brian wants to hear some more options, so throw 'em at me!  I might throw up if I have to scan another baby name website with all the same names ;)  

8 comments:

Tasha Dee said...

Oh! I'm so glad the iron pills are helping! :) The pictures are phenom, by the way!

AE said...

ooh...baby names! This is the fun part! Well, you could always go with some of the names you had as a possibility last time around...or...the ones standing out to me right now are Noah & Oliver. I'll throw in a Liam too just because I am hearing it so much these days, but maybe you haven't, so maybe its more original for you. Wow--one month! Will be praying you have a wonderful and *painless* delivery WITHOUT the blood loss. I was given a shot of synthetic oxytocin right after delivery to make sure this didn't happen. You should ask your dr. if they could do the same as a preventative measure. --Erin

AE said...

p.s. when you say contractions, do you mean braxton hicks? I had those from around 30 weeks too almost daily and Simyon still came a week late!

Patricia Phipps said...

I know you have a name in mind, but Leland was inspired with one the other day. I believe he told Brian about it. It was Nathan Wardell Phipps. Has a nice ring to it...Just throwing it out there!

Scott and Emily said...

I'm glad the iron pills are helping too! And your pictures are too fun. I loooooooooooove your outfits! The shoes are adorable. :)

But I have no idea about names. Boy names are way hard. Did you get any family history stuff to look throuh? Maybe if you found something from Brian's side he'd actually like it.. ; )

LeilaniPhotography said...

Love your editing skills btw. :) I am so glad you like the pictures. I have had a ton of compliments on them.
You know what, I can't get MAXIMUS out of my head. It could be because it is just fun to say with a deep authoritive voice. It commands attention. LOL!

KP said...

Way cute, Sheena! Cameron walked by and said, "you and Sheena are always taking pictures of yourselves, must be a girl thing.." too funny. My advice on names? Dont ask for any. People take way too much leeway! We kept things pretty mum this time around and it has been so nice to name her ourselves without everyone's opinions...so I say, name him what YOU like. And best of luck getting Brian on board, i know how that goes! ;)

Emma said...

You are an adorable pregnant woman with a talented friend photographer! :) I just had to say I caught the "shout-out" to G'ma Anne. Mike will never forget her beating a bag of ice with a hammer to make her own "crushed ice" to eat! Makes me laugh!