Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 4th!

Our 4th of July was filled up with all the goodness that I love about this holiday:
BBQ
Pool time
Fun with family
Fireflies
Fireworks
I even made my first ever cheesecake!
All in all it was a great day, and a great way to celebrate our amazing country.  And today I am exhausted!  Ha!  That definitely means we partied good, right?
 A large part of the afternoon's entertainment was watching Sam jump into the pool.  He mostly wants Leland to hold him once he's in there though!  :)  He's such a sweet puppy!
 Ahahahahahaaa- this. was. great.  :D
 Brian, Miles and I made a little road trip to Pennsylvania on Saturday to get some big fireworks to light off ourselves.  Here's the beginning rounds with our mini sparklers.  They were only 3" long!  Haha!  But just about the perfect size for Miles.

 I took a couple pics of our 'home firework display' but mostly just enjoyed the show!  I was so nervous about Brian setting them off, but he did a great job and ended the night with all his limbs and digits in tact (to my relief.)  I even set off my first bottle rocket, haha.  It was so lovely to watch them in the Phipps' gorgeous backyard surrounded by fireflies! 


 We ended the night finding a little friend that made it into the house with us.  I just adore these little frogs!  :)  I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th!

4 comments:

Patricia Phipps said...

Awesome blog you guys! Everyone had lots of fun....The cannon ball was priceless!!

The Tobler Clan said...

SO FUN! Great pics! That cannon ball cracked me up! Miles is still the cutest little man I know. :)

Aimee Phipps said...

Man, I wish blogger had a "like" button. That cannon ball sequence gets two thumbs way up. Hahaahaa.

Crystal said...

You take great pictures the one of miles on the fence is beautiful! And awesome to see proof of leland in the pool :)