Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Nouveau

It's been a long time...

I feel like I've had no time to blog lately! But there's been so many new things happening around here. :)


New Number One: New blue room!

(Here's a 'before' pic)

(Before'ish'... this is halloween decor'd, but you get the idea... ;)

Ahh feels so fresh. :) Light, almost beachy... love it. I wasn't sure if I was already ready to make a change, but I'm so glad we did! Few new furniture pieces, new paint color = fresh revival.

2-- New hair! Sorry... I have no pictures as of yet; but remember, like a year ago, me mentioning that I wanted to do something blonde with my hair? I'm not a total blondie, but I finally found a friend that won't charge me $200+ for highlights- and she's amaaazing!! So, I promise, pics soon. I love it- it's really, really cute and so fun for summer.

New Number Trois... New friends! We've had some 'findings' around our front door lately... Our first friend I really liked- I was hoping he would stick around!

(He was such a cute little frog... stayed for a few days in a bush right by our front door and then probably headed down to the creek :)


Second friend... I did NOT want to stick around... He scared the bujeezies out of me when we got home from church last Sunday. There I was, loaded down with the diaper bag, Brian's teaching stuff, I reach for the door handle and POP! Literally, he like, popped (like one of those joke snakes out of a can) right out of our new cute flower boxes straight up in the air, like right at me. (Ok, maybe not right at me) ;} But, for crap's sake snake... no jumping out like that! Gladly, he has not returned. (Though now I have to like, crack open the door and poke the box with a stick to make sure he's not hanging around in there again...) I know, paranoid, right? He wasn't huge, and actually a little cute, but wild things are just scary. :)

(Here's the scene of the crime... and our new flower boxes I just love! :)

(Little black snake... He's was not overly willing to leave...)

(He came out at me RIGHT THERE!)

So there's a bit of the fun around here- and maybe an excuse for not getting to blog so much. :) Projects don't help with that either... maybe I'll get to post some of those soon?

1 comment:

Alex said...

Hey I have two of those chairs from Pier 1! We have good taste. ;)