I've gotta kick off my blog with this little picture... how can you not love that face?
For the last month I've been working on a project... and it's finally finished! :D I wanted to make a quiet book for Miles that would be "brand new" for our airplane ride out to Montana. I feel like I need a slideshow of all of my progress work for this book- hahaha. Slide 1: It all started with a paper full of my written ideas of what each little page would do... Slides 2-60: a million drawings/pattern pieces later and lots of craft felt/sequins/sewing... here she be. :)
The cover looks a bit 'outer-space-ish' but that's ok, haha
What could be hiding inside that rock? ...
A sparkly octopus of course! (Beware... sparkleness assuredly ensues...)

Hungry shark?

He's got some fishie treats hanging out in that belly. These fish are the only things in the book I didn't make. I couldn't bring myself to take the time to make little felt fish when Miles could easily rip them to pieces. So we got little plastic ones instead. (Can you tell I googled a pic of 'bruce' from nemo for this drawing? I did do him freehand though ;) And p.s. I really like his jellyfish friends.

This sea turtle has a velcro belly so he can swim anywhere Miles wants him in this pretty reef.
A scuba Ben has found some treasure... (p.s. my dad's name is Ben and he loves to scuba dive... he had to be in my book ;)
Alas! Jewels and gold there be! (please don't mind my ridiculous pirate talk... I'm a little obsessed with my own book here... ;D)
Little Crab's claws hinge open and closed
These pudgy, sparkly starfish can be stuck on the rock wherever they wish. (I really did overfill them, haha. At least my starfish aren't hungry!)
The whale spout goes up and down. I love the little anchor hanging from the ship. :]
These sneaky eels slither in and out of their cave. I think they've scared the bubbles right out of those fish.
A little seahorse that can flit around the coral.
And the final page: a pretty mermaid who finds some pretty treasures in these sea shells.
This is one of the funnest projects I've ever done. (Even with the nitty-gritty machine sewing and the hours of handsewing little beads and sequins... I loved it all.) I'm already starting to think about the next book I can do for baby number 2! (Just to clarify, I'm not pregnant... let's hope for at least another six months on that one...)


9 comments:
Sheena- I love your quiet book!!! That is adorable! Scuba Ben??! Seriously!!:)
And your gorgeous flower. Either you have a great camera, or you're just a really good photographer!!!
Sheena, the quiet book is the best one I have seen so far. Great job! The flower is also beautiful. I wish I could smell it through the pictures :)
Umm, that's amazing. Let me know when those are available on your etsy shop and I'll DEFINITELY buy one. Seriously, where do you get the time / ideas / sewing talent to do this? Wonderful Job! (And I liked the pirate talk)
SO cute Sheena! I can see the long hours you put into that book.
And I too think you should FOR SURE sell these in your shop. They'd be a huge hit!
You're book turned out great! My mom and sister designed and made one for both Jayden and Kjersti (she's currently working on a third). And the picture of the butterfly is beautiful. You are so talented!
I love your quiet book Sheena! So cute! I got a kick out of Scuba Ben! :)
Wow, Sheena, I am very impressed. I can't imagine the hours it took to make that. I'm sure it will be a treasure handed down to your grandchildren :) You are one talented lady!
Awesome book! How does he like it?
Hi Sheena,
I hope you know me from church, I found your blog on Melanni's blog. :) I LOVE the book you made! I could never find something that amazing in a store (but I wish I could), it is priceless! I love the blue room too, beautiful home. :)
Post a Comment