Saturday, February 13, 2010

v-day

I realized at dinner last night that Brian and I have had 5 Valentines Days together- five!! :) We celebrated our Valentines Dinner last night because, unfortunatly, someone will be spending Valentines Day at a beautiful, caribbean beach in the Dominican Republic, while another, less fortunate soul, is here, waist deep in snow. ;) He'll be back Wednesday, so Miles and I get to spend a long, long weekend just the two of us. Miles is a pretty sweet Valentine though. :) Happy Valentines Day Brian, I love you so much!
We're surviving all this crazy snow. I almost feel like we're back in Rexburg- yikes!!! Snowiest winter in VA for a 126 years, and I am feeling it! They close everything down for just a couple inches of snow... these lucky kids haven't had school for over a week!

Pretty frosted woods

The fire hydrant is nearly buried!

The Himalayas right outside my window... ;)
Attempting to carve a path through two solid feet of snow
Amidst all this snow, I'm dreaming of spring... I've gotten excited sketching ideas for somewhat of a 'spring collection' (ha!) for my etsy shop. I made a pillow this last week that's a bit shabby-chic and feels springy (I hope!)
I appliqued my bird and leaves and stitched a curvy little branch
The back. I like the button closure
Hope you're all staying warm! :)

No comments: