I never thought I would be able to say that I have one, ultimate, all-time favorite movie in the whole world, but I do. Sense and Sensibility. Funny thing is, it's not my favorite book (it's Pride and Prejudice! ;) but this movie feels like... it's a part of me. Maybe it's because I feel like I can relate so much to Elinor (and even Marianne a little too) and their family relationships remind me of my family relationships, and I just love, love, love the characters to death. I cry every time, even at lame parts that nobody cries at. I hate Lucy and Fanny like they really are my frenemies and the acting is just so dang good! It's no help that Kate Winslet and Emma Thompson are two of my favorite actresses. Ok, have I ranted enough?
So I watched this movie, as I frequently do whenever Brian's not around, on Valentines day (oh, btw, Brian is back safe. He came home smelling like the ocean and tan as an indian, lucky dog ;) I have to mention that he came in this morning and said to me, "I've been working for an hour now and nobody has come in to offer me a pina colada*" (*virgin of course) What a rough life... ;) Anyhoo, back to S&S... So, I really, really miss interior design, and since I'm a bored stay-at-home mom who can't get to JoAnn's at the moment, I thought to myself, how would I decorate Barton cottage? So I made a little board. :) Ahhh... it was so fun.
So I watched this movie, as I frequently do whenever Brian's not around, on Valentines day (oh, btw, Brian is back safe. He came home smelling like the ocean and tan as an indian, lucky dog ;) I have to mention that he came in this morning and said to me, "I've been working for an hour now and nobody has come in to offer me a pina colada*" (*virgin of course) What a rough life... ;) Anyhoo, back to S&S... So, I really, really miss interior design, and since I'm a bored stay-at-home mom who can't get to JoAnn's at the moment, I thought to myself, how would I decorate Barton cottage? So I made a little board. :) Ahhh... it was so fun.
Poor Willoughby... he'll always regret you, Marianne... ;p Such a jerkface ;D
I don't even like Hugh Grant all that much... :) But oh how I love this movie!!!!!

And here is the sweet Barton Cottage, and below, my design board. Hope you enjoy! (I certainly did!) And thank you to http://www.wisteria.com/ for the majority of the inspiration. You can check it out if you'd like to do any shopping ;)


1 comment:
Cute!
Post a Comment