Sunday, January 10, 2010

A Visit Home

My trips back home always, always seem to go too fast. I have the best family- they're really my best friends. :) We had such a good time together. Here's some fun stuff from my visit with them:

The day after we flew in we left Brian all by his lonesome to work and went down to visit my grandparents and great granny- I was so excited that my aunt Nikki and uncle Kyle were there too for the holidays- I haven't seen them for a LONG time! Here's some of our five generation shots, with Miles' great-great-granny, great grandparents, grandma and me :)

Wow, 5 generations. Too bad Miles isn't a girl ;) jk, jk


This is pretty much how he took care of things at my parent's house... such a stinker! ;) I think they had a lot of fun watching him play though. :)


My favorite girls and best friends. I miss them sooo much already! Aren't they beautiful? I love that we're two blondes and two brunettes- it even skips. :) Somehow though I managed to be the only one who didn't get blue eyes....
Woo hoo! New Year's 2010! At least we got got to spend one holiday together. ;) This is such a goofy shot ;D Love it! Miles enjoying some of the after-party. :) I have to throw in that we celebrated at 10:00 and then all went to bed, haha We took the 4-wheeler out a few times to do some sledding/tubing- such a good time :D

There was an awful lot of wii playing: mario kart, super mario, and beatles rockband- I'm going to try to upload video of Miles later... ;) ah, it's great

Dad and Brian went and looked at the ice-flows down by the Yellowstone River. It looked so pretty, like cave formations.


My dad knows Miles loves animals, so we had to stop by the crazy-intense Cabela's on our way to dinner. They had tons of animals, but this is my favorite shot! :) When Miles gets excited about things he turns into a big-mouth bass ;)

Ah, and we had to celebrate a little "happy birthday to me" being so close to the date and there with my family! I haven't been home that close to my birthday since before college. It was so sweet and special to do a little celebrating with my family. :*)

Miles of course enjoyed the ice cream cake :)
Sweet sweet Grammie and Daddy Ben. How did I get so lucky to have such wonderful parents? :)

(Had to throw this in here Tee because I love it so much ;) My sister Tasha likes mustaches... is that the right way to say it? Er, I don't know, but she has somewhat of a collection, and that night she found a jumbo 'stache. :D I'd say it's quite suitable.

Bahhahaaha- I love you Tee :D
When I go home I never want to leave. We did so many fun crafty projects too, and lots of shopping, and just had fun being together.

I'm so glad families are forever. :) I never want to be without mine.
I know this was an overload of pictures anyway, but I'm posting the whole smear on facebook- so have no fear! ;) Loves!

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad you got to come home for the holidays! :) There's nothing like being with your sisters and mom and dad! I don't know why, but your post brought a tear to my eye! (of course, what doesn't now-days!") I think it was the "Daddy Ben" part. You do have the best dad in the world, and a pretty wonderful mother too.

Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!!

Jenn said...

Wow! Miles doesn't look like a baby anymore. Isn't it funny how time flies.