Wednesday, January 27, 2010

In the funk

I feel like lately I've gotten into a funk. Like a crabby, depressive, I need to sweeten up kind of funk.




So, how am I going to solve this problem? I think some goals and projects could do the trick!


So, numero uno: I think I need to start getting up earlier. Miles has been sleeping 11 to 12 hours straight for about a month (HALLELUJAH!) But, I think this also means that I've been getting too much sleep, and it's making me tired. Weird; I think so. But now that I've finally caught up for a year's worth of no sleep, sleeping for 10 hours straight is doing me no good. So, hello 6:30 am! This can mean reading some scriptures (which has probably added to my funk since I haven't been so great at that) and getting showered and ready before my little monster wakes up. I think it will be very very good.


So there's a goal. Now projects... I of course have my usual start of the hand-made birthday presents for my sisters and mom going on, but I'm also going to get started on Miles baby album. Oh boy, bring on the scrapbooking! Only problem is, this can only be done when Miles is asleep. That means taking advantage of nap time (not surfing facebook...) and maybe some time after he goes to bed... but mostly nap time. :)


Ok, I think I've got myself goal oriented and straightened out now. Brian will I'm sure appreciate less crabbiness, and Miles too. And having things I know I want to do when I'm not chasing around a tornado in my house will be beuno. (Can I just say it kills me when I've just put something away and Miles sees me, so he has to go pull it all back out again as soon as I walk away? I love a tidy house... and it's been a little rough these days to keep it that way...)


Well, if you've made it this far, thanks for reading my wordy post. Hopefully I'll blog about something fun again one of these days. :)

1 comment:

Alex said...

Hey, I've been thinking we should go to a movie soon. I will call you, and you and Brian need to come over too, again, I will call you!