Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Baby Talk

Even though I should be working on my sister's birthday present, I'm taking a little break to fill this out since Suzanne tagged me! :)

Baby Tag1- Where were you when you first found out you were pregnant? in the bathroom of this house- Brian's grandma's house that we're renting from her in Nokesville, VA (I never imagined having a baby somewhere as far away as Virginia.... who knew?)

2- Who was with you? Brian was working downstairs in his office, but I took the test alone :)

3 How did you find out that you were pregnant? a pregnancy test that Brian finally went out and bought because I kept putting it off. I seriously did not think I was pregnant

4- What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant? Excited, shocked, tears of joy, gratitude- there were a lot of emotions going on there!

5- Your Husbands reaction? Excited, and 'I told you so' ;)

6- Who was the first person you told? Brian. Then I had to try and get myself together to call my Mom

7-Did you plan to get pregnant? Well, yes and no. I just wasn't expecting it to happen so quick!

8-Was everybody happy for you? Yes!!

9- Did you go out and celebrate? Hm. I actually can't remember. I don't think we went out and did anything. I was just like, oh man, I really gotta start eating healthy!

10- Did you want to find out the sex? Yes- I wanted to be able to plan for whatever we were getting! (Which was good, because otherwise I don't think we ever would have come to an agreement on a boy's name)

11- What was the sex? a boy

12-Did anyone throw you a baby shower? I was actually very blessed and got two! One was hosted by Paul and Nancy (Brian's aunt and her husband) as a family shower and the other was by my visiting teaching partner and teachee, Brittany and Michelle, that we had with some ladies from the ward. They were both fabulous!

14- Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you just knew you weren't going to put on your baby? I don't think so!

15- How much weight did you gain? 22 lbs.

16- Did you loose all of the weight that you gained? Yep, and a bit more!

17- Did you get a lot of stretch marks? I got one that didn't show up until after Miles was born. It was just a quarter of an inch right next to my belly button. And I had celebrated thinking I had gotten away unscathed! ;) j/k

18- What did you crave the most? Cookies and Cream Icecream and ham sandwiches

19- OOps..deleted it!

20- Who or what got on your nerves the most? Not being able to touch my toes and the feet squished up/kicking in my ribs

21- Were you married at the time? Yep! Wouldn't want it any other way, for sure

22- Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? No, my pregnancy pretty much went flawlessly. I don't know if my dr. just didn't want to wait or what, but she ended up going in and removing my placenta herself after the delivery (after I had been all stitched up) and that was quite the experience... I would never want to repeat again. It made me lose a lot of blood and I ended up having to be on iron pills for the next 8 weeks. (I was just short of having a blood transfusion- scary!)

23- Where were you when you went into labor? I was induced. So we were just sitting in the delivery room waiting around for things to happen!

24- Did your water break? Nope. They broke it for me. Weirdest feeling ever!....

26- Did you go early or late? 3 days after my due date. But who knows how long the little guy would've stayed in there! :)

27- Who was in the room with you when you gave birth? Only Brian, the dr. and two nurses

28- Was it video taped? Heck no!

29- Did you have any drugs for the pain? Yep, an epidural. And that was pretty much heaven. After I got it, I took a nap for the next couple hours, then the nurse came back and was like, ok, it's time to push! It was wonderful

30-Did you go vaginal or have a c-section? vaginal

31- What was your first reaction after giving birth? Relief! And oh my gosh, that head is so coney!!! :)

32- How big was the baby(s)? 7 lbs 15 oz (to which my mom replied, that's huge!!!) and 20 and half inches long... i think :)

33- Did your Husband cry? I don't think so, but I'm not sure. ;) He was over watching them take care of the baby while I was going through all that ridiculousness with them trying to rip my placenta out themselves....

34- What did you name the baby(s)? Miles Benjamin Phipps

35-Did the name have any significance to you? We just liked the name Miles, and Benjamin is my dad and great-grandfather's name :)

36-Does the baby's name fit? Yep! He's a cute little Miles

37- Did the baby(s) have any complications? No, everything was perfect! :)

38- How old is your baby today? 3 months this week! I can't believe it!

39- When is the next one(s) coming? Not for a couple years I hope!

40- If you could would you do it all over again? Of course!!! :)

Ok, Anyone else that wants to do this, I would love to read about it!! :)

No comments: