I apologize for any who read my blog and have realized that all I blog about is Miles and the new house... I really, sadly, have no life. :s But, fortunatly (and very happily!) the house is going to be done in just a few weeks. We close March 23rd! Then I'll maybe have some new and exciting things to write about. ;) Maybe my upcoming line of bags and wallets? :D (I am working on that!)I was thinking back on living in the house we're in right now, and it is a little bitter-sweet. (K, think of that as BITTER-sweet ;) But surprisingly there are a few things I'm going to miss.
*My first memories of being a newlywed with Brian and brand new baby Miles are always going to be in this house. :) I'll always look back on that with only sweet memories.

*Living out in the forest. I have a serious obsession with trees and it is truly gorgeous. I loved to walk and enjoy all the beauty of nature out here.
*The cardinals. I was never overly fond of birds (they actually kind of freaked me out after hitting a golden eagle once with my car going 80 mph and having it completely shatter my windshield... but that's a whole other story) but I fell in love with the cardinals the first time I saw them. They are so gorgeous and exotic to my Montana eyes ;) But it was wonderful to watch them right outside the kitchen window while washing dishes and hear their little chirps coming from the bushes and trees against the house. I still always feel like it's a good omen whenever I see one outside (which is pretty much everytime I go out! :)
*Having a yard to play badminton in. We'll have some grassy areas around the new house, but it won't be so fun if we have to set up/take down the net everytime we want to play. But perhaps having a pool pretty much in our backyard will be a nice payoff. :DAnd then there are the things I'm not going to miss so much....
*MICE. It seriously, seriously grosses me out and I'm pretty sure they've been pretty much everywhere in our house. I can only say I've been more than anal about not letting Miles touch the floor/anything that has had any contact. I'll be equipped in rubber gloves with a can of lysol spray in one hand and disinfecting wipes in the other when I start packing stuff up. :s
*Not feeling like I can ever get anything really clean. I think I'll be euphoric moving into a brand new house.... aaaaaahhhh.....
*Having only ONE bathroom. Ok, so technically there's two. But the downstairs bathroom isn't even fully functional (the sink doesn't work and the flush is temperamental) plus I have a phobia of even walking in there because of the nasty, nasty bugs I've found lurking around..... biggest centipede with the longest legs I've ever seen in my LIFE in there.... way, way way worse than any spider.... I still shiver at the thought.... But hooray for three bathrooms! :) (I don't think I'll even mind cleaning them all after this ;)
*Washing dishes by hand.... Ya know, a few pots and pans aren't too bad, but when it's every dish you've used from the day and/or previous day, even the dishes from one meal creates a huge pile up. And there's only two of us! Kudos to those who lived here before with the eight kids, etc, etc, who washed all the dishes. I'm sick of it. I've very nearly formed an aversion to cooking because of it! (Which definitely doesn't aid our eating out problem, as well....)
*And ok, last one: No sidewalks. I loved walking, but holy crap. The fear of being creamed by someone going 20 mph over the speed limit around those curves and hills was terrifying! I could only wear one ipod earbud so that I could be sure to hear them coming and jump into the bushes/tall grass to get out of the way! But even though I'll be able to walk around with Miles on the sidewalk in our quiet little townhouse complex, I will miss all the trees, birds, squirrels, and little stream that I enjoyed on my walks here. :(
Living in this house has definitely not been all bad. We were able to save enough money to buy a brand new house, and that is amazing. :) Brian's grandma has been so sweet to us. And so has the rest of his family that has been so close by-especially Paul and Nancy and Adam. I don't think we could've survived without them!
YEA to a new house in three weeks! :) All that's left to go in is the appliances and flooring! Wow! Oh, and by the way, Brian finally succumbed and spoiled me and we went and bought a new sofa and a new bed (haha, our bed is resting on paint cans right now.) But, in particular, we bought a sleeper sofa, so I expect visitors! *Ahem* especially family!!! And, if not only to see us, to visit DC. So everyone please know, you'll always have a place to stay! :) (And yes, that's Brian checking out our new dishwasher there in the dining room! ;)
1 comment:
That's so exciting you're so close to being in your new house! I totally know what you mean about the mice. There was a house 2 of my friends and I lived in once.... caught 11 mice in one night! Pretty dang gross!
Post a Comment