I read these questions off of my aunt Suzanne's blog and thought it was a great way to review 2008! What a great way to look back at this past year.
1. What did you do in 2008 that you’d never done before? I voted for the first time, picked pumpkins from a pumpkin patch and apples from an orchard, cut down my own Christmas tree, ate a whole carmeled apple for the first time, and saw the east coast in the spring (gorgeous, gorgeous blossoms and colors.) Oh- and experienced pregnancy. And I pet a sloth- they're really bristly! :)
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Sadly, I don't even remember what my last year's resolutions were, so I don't know! I guess not. :s
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? I did, a sister-in-law, and Brian's cousin's wife- all within a couple months! They're all close little cousins. :) I laughed thinking about them all hanging around up there together waiting to come down.
4. Did anyone close to you die? No, thankfully.
5. What countries did you visit? Mexico- and Brian gets to go back next week! I'm really jealous! But Miles is too little to take, so I'm sitting it out this year. :(
6. What would you like to have in 2009 that you lacked in 2008? A dishwasher! ;) And that will happen- yahoo! And, on a more serious note, a little more kindness/thoughtfulness. I feel like I always think of things too late... I need to be thinking about how I can serve other people more and not be too scared to do it.
7. What dates from 2008 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? November 7th: Miles birthday. We were anticipating it almost the entire year!
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Becoming a mom. It was a huge change in life!
9.Biggest failure? Eating healthy. And unfortunatly I'm not doing any better at the moment. I need to work on that! It's such a weakness for me!
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I was sick almost the entire beginning of last winter (we just kept catching everything new from our little nursery kids- I really didn't even think I was pregnant with Miles, I just thought I was sick all over again!) and then in delivery I lost a lot of blood at the end from that placenta wierdness. I just finally finished taking iron pills this last week- an exciting day!
11. What was the best thing you bought? A new townhouse! It's definitely the best thing, owning a home! Now I'm just counting down the days til we can move in....
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? Brian- surviving through all my pregnancy hormones! He is such a patient husband- I love him.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? My own sometimes.
14. Where did most of your money go? Into a downpayment for the house and taxes... and probably eating out. :s And on a happier note, tithing! :)
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? New baby, new house! :D
16. What song will always remind you of 2008? The Garden, by Mirah. Not that is has anything to do really with defining my life in 08- it'll just always make me think of last year, for sure.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a) happier or sadder? Happier! b) thinner or fatter? fatter :s c) richer or poorer? richer
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Helping other people- there were so many people who were so kind to us and so helpful! I'm hoping I can try and pass more of that along this year.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Being lazy. It's too easy sometimes.
20. How did you spend Christmas? At Brian's parent's house. It was a special one because little Gracie was born on the 24th!
21. Did you fall in love in 2008? with my new little boy
22. What was your favorite TV program? The Office- I can't get enough of that show
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Mice! But I may have hated them just as much this time last year. Haha.
24. What was the best book you read? I have to agree with Suzanne on this one and say the Twilight series- it's time for me to read those again! :)
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? Well, this is Brian's discovery, but acoustic covers. He takes care of our music for the most part. :)
26. What did you want and get? Man, lots of things! We were so blessed this year! A baby, visits with my family, a house, and an incredible amount of wonderful experiences.
27. What did you want and not get? My family to move out to the east coast. I don't think I'll ever get them talked into it!
28. What was your favorite film of this year? There weren't really any that came out that I fell in love with. There were lots of good ones but... maybe next year I'll find a favorite. (Plus I didn't get to see any of the movies that came out this winter, so I could've missed one! :)
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I think we just went out to dinner and did a little shopping. (Honestly, I can't really remember.) We did go pick up an old piano from Brian's parents a little later though, and that was great! :) I turned 23.
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Haha, living in a house that we could've kept cool during my pregnancy. It was a little uncomfortable at times! ;) But not that bad.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2008? I pretty much lived in pajama pants and huge t-shirts- I had a huge belly and just wanted to be comfy!
32. What kept you sane? Numerous craft projects- thank you Martha Stewart!
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Hugh Jackman isn't too shabby to look at ;) I don't mind Sawyer and Jack from Lost either.
34. What political issue stirred you the most? I watched this election year more than I ever have before (more likely because really the only thing we have to watch on our four channels is news...) not that I'd say I found it particularly stirring... ;p politics
35. Who did you miss? My family.... :( we're so far away.
36. Who was the best new person you met? Sad, I know, but I didn't really meet a whole lot of new people, but I did get to know a couple people in our ward a little better, and they are such nice people. It's going to be hard for me to leave this ward!
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2008. It's something I'm continually learning/trying to do, but happiness and attitude are completely a choice.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year. "We have all the time in the world. Time enough for life to unfold; all the precious things love has in store. We have all the love in the world. If that's all we have, you will find we need nothing more. Every step of the way will find us with the cares of the world far behind us. ... We have all the time in the world, just for love. Nothing more, nothing less, only love."
2 comments:
What a neat post. I didn't realize we're the same age and have quite a few things in common :-)
I'm glad you did this too! It is so neat to learn more about people!! You're such a great person!
Post a Comment