Thursday, October 9, 2008

I love the fall....

Brian has been gone this whole week to Atlantic City- and it sure has felt long! So while I'm trying to kill some time before my dr.'s appt this afternoon, I thought I'd just blog about how much I love autumn.

1. Hot chocolate and hot showers on a cold morning. Seriously, there is nothing better than being at that point where you don't want to get out of bed, sipping hot chocolate, and then going to jump into a steaming shower. Ahhh... It's like camping in the mountains and coming out and sitting around the campfire. K, I admit it, I love chilly mornings! They make cozing up feel wonderful.
2. Sweaters. Fall fashion is the best. Sweaters, pea coats, boots, scarves... it's all adorable. Plus you get that snuggly warm feeling again!

3. Decorations. Especially Halloween decorations. I had a blast going through my dining and living area spraying fake fall leaves and gourds onto almost every surface, placing pumpkin spice tealights everywhere for the smell, and setting up anything spooky! I had a blast cutting out these silhouettes for my collage display. They're actually on foam tabs, so they're 3D when you can get up close to them. Unfortunatly the end of my index finger is still tingly (after a week) and may have suffered some permanent damage from cutting out all those little pieces with a slightly dull exacto knife (next time I won't be so cheap and I'll just buy some new freaking blades!) But I love the effect of how it turned out. I also can't forget to mention carving pumpkins. These are a couple of the many, many we did last year- and I'm thinkin' it's time to go get some asap to carve this year! :)




4. Food. Pies... apple crisp... chocolate chip pumpkin bread.... mmm how delicious!



5. Trees and temperature. Of course, last but not least, is the gorgeous fall colors and the amazing, no humidity, sunny, cool breeze kind of days. I'm still not over how much I love the seasons and the vegetation of the east coast- seriously a dream come true. I always knew what kind of place I wanted to live in, and I never knew that it was all out here! (I suppose that's because I'd never been east of South Dakota before ;) I thought I'd have to move up to the Pacific Northwest or something. But no, it was right here all along. Heavenly Father sent me blessings before I could even know it! (Oh man, I can't even remember when my belly actually looked like that! Do I even need to mention this was last year? ;)


So I think the fall is a wonderful, magical season. I think it's excellent that we'll get to celebrate both baby and Brian's birthdays this time of year! (Which, as of today, til the due date is only 26 days!) I hope he comes a little early though so we can have halloween birthday parties for him! How fun would that be? I've already collected tons of halloween party decoration ideas off of Martha Stewart just in case. ;) We're so ready for our little boy to get here and join our family! Thanks for indulging my boredom and reading about some things I love this season. I hope it makes you think of some things you love too! :)

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I love fall too! Thanks for reminding me of all the wonderful things. It appears utah is skipping fall and going straight to winter (it's suppose to snow saturday). Have I mentioned I miss VA? Also I didn't realize you were due the sametime I was three years ago. Jayden's birthday is Nov 5th. That's neat, for me at least. Good luck at the appointment.

Alex said...

Yeah, you can't beat the colors you see on the East Coast. Fall is an exciting time of year, probably my second favorite season...I know this sounds crazy, but SUMMER is my favorite time of year! :) Can't wait to see that cute little Brian/Sheena baby!

Gus said...

Let's see... 26 days as of yesterday... today's just starting... sooooo... 24 days.. holy crap Sheena! You could go any time now! I am so excited for you.. Sad that you're so far away and it's been over a year since we've seen eachother-but nonetheless, still excited for you and Brian! You'll have to post some pictures (not that I think you WON'T - but still...)

And about the dull exacto blade... i still have my little box of exacto's that I bought-I think_ junior year! It has maybe one or two left! I have been using them and trying to make their life stretch out as long as I can! (lol) so new blades are on Santa's list for both of us!

Oh, and #5 is by far my favorite also! I love the change in seasons-but mostly the colors, pumpkin scented candles, cold weather, and hot showers in the morning!

Miss you... good luck in the next few days!!!!!