Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Carving and Carameled Apples

Brian and I had so much fun these last couple weeks carving our pumpkins we picked up at the farm. We started with our mini pumpkins and then worked our way up to the big boys.

My ferocious little pumpkinBrian's flamey one

Instead of buying a book of patterns like we usually do, Brian printed a ton off the internet since we already had the carving tools that we needed. He found a couple where you shave off part of the pumpkin instead of just cutting through it (I really need to find out what that's called because I have no idea) and so of course we had to go to the craft store to buy wood carving tools so Brian could shave his pumpkin. ;) (I'm totally just being sarcastic... I have to buy my crafty stuff all the time, so I totally didn't mind that Brian wanted some tools for his project. ;) Plus I'm hoping I can use them on some sort of crafty thing myself!) It turned out so cool. I'm definitely going to have to try it next year. The only down side was that I carved my pumpkins in like, 20 minutes and Brian took hours, but that's ok. :) It was so worth it!


I did the vampire and Brian did the jack-0-lanterns

My skull, and Brian's amazing shaved Goblin. Seriously amazing.

We also made some delicious carameled apples (which was a first for me.) With my tooth I'd never been able to bite into them before, but now that I've got my stainless steel thing screwed pretty much all the way up to my nose, I thought we were good to go. ;) And it was delicious! :)

We're still hoping the baby comes before Halloween.... but yeah, we'll see how that goes. :) There is only five days til the due date though, so either way, we will hopefully have a little Miles within the week!

2 comments:

The Marshall Family said...

YAY! Love the pictures...I must say, those are AMAZING pumpkins! That shaved one is cool, a little creepy, but cool non the less :) You are almost there Sheena...CONGRATULATIONS!

Alex said...

Your pumpkins are really awesome! I have never been a good pumpkin carver. :( I prayed for Liam to be early too, and then he was born six days after his due date...wishful thinking. Good luck!