Monday, September 29, 2008

We bought a house!!!

Ok- a townhouse- but it'll be a home all our own! We are so excited. It will be finished being built in March- so that's our current move-in date. It'll be really exciting to watch the progress. It's in Haymarket, which is about 30 min. northwest of where we are now. We really like the area up there. We're a little sad that we have to wait so long, but it will be good to have six months to save some money, prepare to live with a new mortgage payment, and not have to pack up an entire house with a newborn. Of course one of the most exciting parts for me is going to the design center to pick our finishes- even if they are limited. :) I've been perusing the site today checking out what they've got, and it will be beautiful! We'll be going down Oct. 11th to officially select them all. I can't wait!!! So here's our floorplan- and we bought the end unit- so that's exciting too!


So on the actual blueprints there's also another window in the stairwell and in the master bedroom with the end unit- so that's pretty cool. We'll have wood flooring in the kitchen and entry too, and not tile. So exciting!!! Now here's what the front elevation looks like.


We'll be facing trees- which will be so pretty! So exciting, so exciting. I'm sure I'll be posting updates about it all the time.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

That's awesome. Congrats! It is a very exciting time for you guys, getting a new baby and a new house. As far as the names go, I love Benjamin Oryon. I might even steal it for my own if I have another boy anytime soon :-) (And no I am not pregnant, the last thing I need is rumors starting with my dad and grandma).

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

Oh my goodness that is so exciting. I can't wait till the day we get to buy something of our own! You are going to do such a good job with the Interior. You are an awesome "decorator"!

Alex said...

The plans look great! I'm very excited for you guys...how are ya doing?...only one more month, huh?