Thursday, September 11, 2008

The Name Game

What to name a baby boy?.... Brian and I are still trying to figure that out.

I was really hoping to somehow get my dad's name in there, since the male line is completely ending from his side of the family, but Benjamin is kind of hard as a middle name with Phipps... it has too many syllables or something. So I'm trying to be a little more open minded and we've come up with a bunch of different options now. So here's a list of our current 'likes.' I want to hear lots of opinions on what you think! :)

Miles Linton (these are all first and middle names... I'll let you tack on the Phipps yourself. And by the way, this one is currently Brian's favorite :) I don't think Miles Benjamin sounds bad either, but Brian's really diggin' the Linton. I like it too. Sounds very 'Harvard' or something, yeah?)

London Oliver (Brian said London has grown on him- I still love it, but I hate that it's kind of becoming a girl's name too... so, yeah, I don't know about that....)

Corban Gage (Kind of sounds like a rockstar, eh? Haha- sorry, I have to list all my associations with these...)

Oliver Gage (although Brian is still wierded out by the Oliver, Olivia thing)

Ashton Oryon

and

Benjamin Oryon

So let me know what you think! Now that we have a ten mile long list. Haha. You'll notice Azriel and Xavan aren't on there... yeah... I wouldn't say they're completely out of the picture, but we don't want to be too wierd. ;)

There aren't any new updates on the baby's room yet- but Brian's still working on that nightstand in his spare time. Surprise, surprise, I found another sewing project to work on. We really needed to do something about the single pane windows downstairs for this winter, so I decided to take on the task of sewing some shades to help keep the heat in. I don't want to be freezing our little baby! I don't think he'd care for the 65 deg. climate we kept up last winter. :) And heaven knows we want to spend as little as possible on heating oil. ;p But anyway, I'm almost done with the shades and then I'll be doing a few valances to go on the windows beside them. Pretty exciting. So I'll post some pictures when those are done! Yea!

And by the way, I'm officially at the 8th month.... which means only 8 more weeks to go. Wow!!!! Just letting you all know because I can't believe how fast it's going. :)

8 comments:

Michelle said...

I like the miles linton or the miles benjamin...cant spell your dads name!!!! they sound good to me very sheena and brian!

AE said...

I like Miles too but for some reason the Linton just reminds me of the lint you get from your dryer. Sorry. I just met someone who named their baby Lynden though. Would Miles Lynden (or Lyndon) work? Miles Benjamin sounds great too. It doesn't sound awkward at all and definitely doesn't have too many syllables. You know though, keep all of them in the game because I hear that as awesome as a name may sound to you now, sometimes it just doesn't fit the baby when you try calling him that.

So exciting though! I love your decorating for his room. And I was not aware that you did art like that! You are seriously amazing--you leave me speechless. All I can say is you are a girl with many talents!

AE said...

ooh. I changed my mind. I really like the middle name Oryon. Very cool. Something I've heard too that might help you make a decision is that you should be aware what their initials would be. Sometimes when all three initials spell something funny, they get teased.

Anyway, all of those names really sound good and I like them because they are unique but not too "out there." Keep us updated!

Devanie said...

Sheena! Summer and I had a little convo about your baby names (ps- we work in the same office now- thank HEAVEN above!) and we're really diggin' the Corban Gage name a lot. Summer said "I don't know, can you really see yourself dating someone named Oliver?" I tend to agree with her. Also, what would you call him for short? Olive? Go for Corban- you won't regret it! oh, we're havin' too much fun! Miles is cute- but if a girl had to chose between identical twins named Miles and Corban, I'm pretty sure Corban would win- just sounds hot! You go girl!!!

Devanie said...

p.s. my niece's name is Londyn and a girl in our office is naming her baby Londyn if it's a girl- It would have been cool for a boy if it weren't becoming so popular for a girl- I agree with you!

The Marshall Family said...

I really like Landon Oliver :) The baby room is soooo cute! You are an amazind decorator!! Hope all is well.

Jenn said...

Hey shenna, I think I like the Miles Benjamin the best. I think that it is a very strong, masculin name. but whateer you guys pick will be pefect I'm sure.

Alex said...

Heard you guys are moving to Haymarket??? That's great, must be exciting to buy your own place! Only sorry you're not in our ward. ;)