Friday, August 29, 2008

10 weeks to go...

Who would have thought it would go by so fast? After first finding out that I was pregnant it seemed like time was just dragging on, but once those first three months were complete, time decided to rip it into gear and blaze through the summer. Now I'm starting to feel the anxiety that it's coming up too soon! :) I know I'll be able to figure it all out eventually- I just always get nervous when the unknown looms before me.

At this 30 week point he certainly has been an active little guy. Yesterday my OB determined that he is head down (for the time being- but let's hope he just stays that way!) and that definitely explains the constant jabs in the ribs from his little feet and the increasing back pain... oh what joys. ;) It finally dawned on me just the other day that his periods of constant little blips are hiccups- which are pretty cute! It's fun experiencing all these new things as we go along- and wow, not much longer to go.

So here are some recent belly update photos:






One more week and I officially begin the 8th month. Yowza.


We've made good progress in his room! The walls are painted, we have a crib and a lamp, and brian has started to sand the nightstand that I found for a crazy good deal at goodwill, so that we can stain it to match the crib. I finished my valances, and those have been hung over the curtain panels. I plan to make little tiebacks for the panels, so this isn't quite the complete look (plus the valances need to be re-ironed...) but you can get an idea. I need to start making/getting things to hang on the walls- so exciting!



We love the stripes on the wall, and I think the crib is just gorgeous. So far it's all turning out really cute! I can't wait 'til it's completely finished!

2 comments:

KP said...

Yeay Sheena! I'm so glad you FINALLY updated your blog cause I have been dying to see your handiwork. Everything turned out even cuter than I coud've imagined, and the paint job looks so professional-you amaze me!
If I ever have a house to decorate, I'm calling you!

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

The room is looking great. 30 weeks! Congrats! It seems like you just announced that you were prego. I hope everything is going well!