Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tis the season

Two years ago we tried to catch the hunters and hounds in the Middleburg Christmas parade and missed them...

This year we tried again.  And almost missed them again.  ;)  But thanks to a quarter-mile mad-dash carrying two boys, we made it this year!

I was so excited to see the hunters in their red coats with all their hounds!
There's something magical about seeing something in real life that you've read about.
(Regency novels are pretty much my favorite.)
Huzzah!  Magical!
And what a fabulous way to kick off the start of Christmas!
 Plus, I just love Middleburg so much.  This town has been around since the Revolutionary days.  I love the architecture of all the buildings and the history.
He looks like he could be ready to make a jump ;)

Top hat?  Love it!

The horses had such pretty knots and braids in their hair.

Little girl in her riding habit.  You don't see much of this out west.  It's just so fun to see everything so different!  :)

Beautiful Christmas decor on this building!

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...  :D

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love how you share all the unique experience of living in such an historically rich part of the country. It inspires me to want to visit and experience for myself!;)

Tasha Dee said...

Yoooooo halooooooo!!!
SO jealous! ;D

Scott and Emily said...

Toooo much fun! That is so cool. All thems riders wearing their pinks... :) Makes me want to read the Six Sisters again!! :D