Friday, February 11, 2011

Blondes, Buckets, and Bustin' a Move?

In anticipation of sinking my toes into the delicious Dominican sand (ooo isn't that sentence just juicy delicious? ;) I promptly told my friend/hairdresser yesterday "I'm going to the Dominican Republic next weekend- let's blonde it up with even more highlights!!!" I must have been as enthusiastic as I was feeling because I came back with some blonde!! Maybe this just means I'll have even more fun next week? My Curl-Sculpting Cream-Gel did form a perfect heart shape in my palm today and I believe it was exhibiting its approval- not just giving me a nod to Valentines Day. Or maybe my gel could care less about my hair and is just as excited to make the journey down south? I can tell you, I'm so excited about it that when Brian even mentioned "I didn't even realize Valentines Day was so close blah blah man-words" I didn't even mind because we'll practically be celebrating it with beach and lots of that blue-jello colored ocean that I love so much ;) So Hello Blondie!
Things have been going pretty good around here. :) Brian took some snapshots for me of how "boy-time" plays out when I'm down teaching piano lessons during the week.
Apparently Miles is a lot like his Mom when it comes to cracking himself up ;)

Oh, these just make me smile. ;D I'd smile too if I had a bucket on my head.

So, to change directions a bit, a couple weeks ago I was privledged enough to help supervise a beehive/deacon activity where the main event was playing Just Dance 2 on the Wii. It was pretty much love-at-first-dance for me and Brian was sweet enough to get it for me within the week. ;) Apparantly we've got another fan of the game in the family (and believe me, it ain't Brian) He's got quite a few supersweet moves- I wish I could catch them all on video! This provides me some neverending entertainment. Can I also just throw in how it's somtimes frightening that I have a two-year old that is perfectly capable of navigating the wii? Like, 100% knows what he's doing... I'm going to feel like a grandma when he's showing me how to work stuff at age eight. ;) But for now I just hope he'll keep busting a move.


4 comments:

Tasha Dee said...

Hahahahah
oh Sheena I LOVE you! :D

Scott and Emily said...

Oh gosh. This blog made me the happiest I've been in weeks. :D That little guy sure does make me smile. :)

p.s. I do like your hair! Lots! Even though it is pretty blonde...lol. And it's so great curly! I'm seriously debating cutting my hair short again...I haven't had it this long since high school. I don't know what to do with it!

Aimee Phipps said...

I love that video!! Miss you guys. And your hair looks fabulous! Yall have fun in the DR.

Unknown said...

Oh my miniature Brian! I'm just now seeing this...HILARIOUS!