I've been wanting to blog for a long while now and haven't had much to talk about. But today I've been thinking a lot about my Granny.
Today my Great-Granny Zoo turns 97 years old. :D Isn't that incredible? She is incredible.
She is soo funny. And always so happy and upbeat. She laughs til she cries, a lot. (One of my absolute favoritest things about her.) She really is our 'funny granny.' :)
We've always always called her 'granny zoo.' But 'zoo' is not her last name. I don't think I even knew that until I was a much older kid, haha. I asked my mom once why we call her that and she didn't know. :) But I like it. Her first name? Zelda. Awesome. And just to throw this in, I think she's only 4'8"... maybe... Her favorite chair is a child-sized glider. Little people are always just somehow more loveable. ;)
She has the coolest back deck. The ceiling is filled (I mean filled) with all sorts of wind-chimes and hanging fun-ness. We've spent many a 4th of July back there bbq-ing and having a great time with family. It always brings happy memories.
I love to hear stories about her and my great-grandpa. There are definitely some goood ones. ;) He joined the Church because of her. The way he put it, he and his friends had all married Mormons, "so they might as well join 'em." If I remember right, he didn't even tell my Granny he was going to get baptized. Men... ;)
My Granny first saw him playing in the band. He played trumpet and was really good. We even have some recordings of him playing (I think sometime in the '30's?... I hate that I can't remember...) So awesome. Granny plays piano and organ. As does my grandma and my mom. I love the musical legacy in my family. It means a lot to me.
It means more to me than I can say that she has always been so faithful in the Church. It means that my Grandma has always been and my mom, which made great examples for me. I never want to be the "weak link" President Hinkley talked about, and I know I owe it to my ancestors for being raised by such a righteous family.
Thank you for being such an amazing great-great-grandma to my son, Granny. I love you so much. I hope you have a wonderful birthday.

Five generations of family. SO amazing.

No comments:
Post a Comment