Monday, September 27, 2010

192 Hours

I don't think we could've squeezed anything more into these last 8 days. But we did so many fun things!
The start of our crazy "week" began last Saturday when we took Miles to the Bluemont Fair (a little town right by where Brian grew up.) We had SO much fun! I found some gorgeous nightstands for a good deal :) and Miles rode a horse for the first time! He was such a pro- and loved his "horsie!"
On Sunday afternoon we left for Virginia Beach. It's about a four hour drive, and I couldn't get over how wierded out I felt about driving to the beach, not too far from home, in the latter end of September, and expecting to wear a swimsuit and get in the water. I still feel like September is the month to break out the sweaters- but not here! The weather was gorgeous (ok, a little windy the first day) but it was plenty hot enough to get in the water- and it felt GOOD.
Miles loooooved everything about it. And he would not. stop. running. Down the boardwalk, in the sand, into the water... But it was adorable. I love his little footprints in the sand. :)

One of his favorites: chasing the sea gulls and pigeons.

Aimee and Emily's view from the hotel room of us chasing Miles on the beach.


We even found him his best pal, Elmo, while we were there.



So handsome :)



Mer-Man Miles
We got to watch dolphins swimming maybe 50 yrds off the beach the whole second day. I didn't post the pic because it's a little small to see on the blog, but it was so awesome. I got a little nervous when Brian and I went out boogie boarding because they felt so close!
Speaking of boogie boarding, this was only my third time getting to do it, and this time was the BEST. I caught quite a few waves, and Brian and I even rode in a couple together side by side. It was awesome!!! :D

Miles idea of how sunglasses should be worn


I have to thank Aimee for 98% of the pics shown here- she was our AWESOME photographer! :D And one of the best parts of the beach trip was being there with family! Thanks Aimee! :)
So we got back from the beach Wednesday, re-cooped on Thursday and Friday, and then left Saturday morning for PA for Brian's nephew's baptism. Another 4 hr. car trip. Miles was not too excited. One of the best parts was the changing trees! (Again, a trip to the beach and then enjoying fall foliage? I'm still feeling confused here, but I'll just enjoy it! ;)

So, I attempted to take some cool pictures and finally decided that photos, especially while driving in the car, could not capture the amazing beauty. So I forgot the camera and sat back and enjoyed it. And it was amazing. :) I was like, hello Sleepy Hollow! Amazing.
The baptism was great. Had a few rough patches, (was not the smoothest trip I've ever taken, let's say) but I won't get whiney. We made it, even turning around and making the long drive back on Sunday. Being back home never felt so good. Whew. :) 8 days felt like a month. Here's some cute video of Miles and his cousins playing in the leaves outside after the baptism.



2 comments:

Suzanne said...

What a fun trip!! Hey Brian~is that a P90X body you're sporting?? ;) (Not that I'm looking Sheena! Just wondering if he started since Emily's wedding!!)

AE said...

Sheena,
First of all, I have to say...I know you hear this a lot from me but seeing your pictures and hearing what you are up to and what kind of experiences Miles is having is like taking a trip down memory lane for me. I totally remember doing the same pony rides (and if I recall, there's also face painting there too?) as a young girl. I'm pretty jealous the weather was so hot for you at the beach. Wish our beaches were hot and less crowded like they were for you! Did you go to the salt water taffy place? I remember going on the boardwalk and eating taffy. And last but not least, I love how Miles scuffles through the leaves like he is a little robot :) So cute! Fall is such a fun time, isn't it?

Erin