Monday, November 9, 2009

Miles turns 1!

It came too soon....
Miles turned ONE year old on Saturday!
I spent the morning looking through his pictures and videos month by month, and crying the whole time. :) He is such a sweet, precious boy. I love him SO much!
We let him open a present that morning, just to get things rolling:


His 'happy birthday' banner. (Sshh... I still have my Halloween stuff up...)

The Monkey Cake!!! I was so, so, seriously so, excited to make and decorate his very first birthday cake!!! It can't (dare I say it?) hold a candle to my mom's cake decorating, but I had a lot of fun! ;) (You know you're amazing, Mom) I thought he turned out pretty cute for the first cake!

I think Miles is scoping out his presents here....


Mmm... chocolate frosting in his hair... Notice there's no cake left to be seen? He chowed down!!!

There's that sweet grin I LOVE SO MUCH!!! :D

Dad was in charge of the camera while he unwrapped presents... thus, this is the only picture we got. ;) My mom watched us over the webcam (which was awesome!!!) and we shared the evening with Brian's parents and brother, so it was a wonderful little party!

He got sooo many toys... he should have no trouble keeping entertained until Christmas. :)
It's been amazing to watch him grow and learn and become such a sweet, curious, ambitious little boy! :) I think he had a happy first birthday. :) (I left out that he even got to play in the leaves out in the country ALL afternoon at Brian's family chili cook-off! Toys and outside play? I don't think it could've been better! :)

5 comments:

Suzanne said...

Happy 1st birthday Miles! (I loved your monkey cake! So cute! My kids request cheesecakes and things I can't decorate anymore...so sad...I miss Elmo and Dragon Tales.)

Lucky boy to have such loving parents.;)

Crystal said...

Happy Birthday Miles! And great job with the cake. I'm jealous of all the mom's and in my case aunts that can make and decorate fun birthday cakes.

melinda said...

I seriously can't believe he is 1 already! Time sure flies!!! The cake was very cute :) Sounds like he had a fun birthday!

Jenn said...

I can't believe he is one already. I love your cake. I wish I was that talented.

Alex said...

Oh, happy birthday Miles! He really is sooo adorable, and it is extremely obvious how much you and Brian love and adore him!