Monday, November 17, 2008

Miles Benjamin

Our sweet, sweet little boy is finally here. Sorry it's taken so long to finally post something- newborns don't give you a whole lot of free time. ;) But we are so happy to have Miles as part of our family. He is a little miracle and we still can't believe how much we love him!

He was born Nov. 7th at 5 pm, after an 8 1/2 hour induced labor. The delivery went well- I got the epidural about half way through, (I had the joy of getting it twice... the first time he put it in an artery, so we had to take it out and do it all over... not so fun) once I got it I took a nap for the next few hours, woke up and found out it was time to push! There was a bit of a problem with the placenta (don't think I got off too easy...) I lost quite a bit of blood, but I'm on iron pills and feeling much better than in the beginning. It was a pretty exciting moment when our little miracle was born. He weighed 7 lbs 15 oz and was 20" long, and was born with a ton of dark hair- we're still surprised! I can't believe he's already ten days old. It feels like we just brought him home yesterday! I can't imagine our lives without him.


6 comments:

Danielle Oakey Interiors said...

Ok, he is adorable. He is so little. I just love him. I love the little video of him. I am glad that everything went well. Remember to sleep when he does! Sleep can be few and far between.

The Marshall Family said...

Oh my goodness that video is so cute! again, CONGRATULATIONS! Enjoy every minute, it goes by so fast! Braylee is already over 3 months old!!

The Brownies said...

he look so much like his daddy!

AE said...

best looking baby boy I've seen. Seriously! Scary about the blood loss thing, but I'm glad you're doing well.

Erin

Alex said...

What a sweet little boy, he is so beautiful, such defined features! We still can't wait to see him.

Unknown said...

I am glad you are doing well., Miles is so cute, he definatley has his dads eyes. Congratulations!