I am SO copying my awesome sisters (because sisters can share everything, right?) and making some crappy drawings of my own! Yay!!!
And it was so fun to relive the memories.
A lot from college came back to me...
1. Living in the iceburg of Rexburg came with the day to day battle of keeping oneself upright while on ice. Apparently it took me that whole first year to figure it out.
One of my most absolute, favorite memories of my whole life is this:...
1. It was a sunny, freezing cold morning when my roommate and I headed to the stadium to watch a football game. I was donning my hot Doc Martins (that apparently had no grip whatsoever) and stylish sunglasses, when while entering said stadium, I biffed it. Flat on my back. And the BOOM echoed through the whole stadium.
Amid everyone staring at me, I immediately jumped to my feet, proclaiming I was totally fine.
It was then I saw that cute boy from my Construction Documents class.
He approached me and said, "Don't worry, it happens to everyone at least once around here. At least now you got your turn out of the way." I giggled and was like, yeah- haha! I'm totally fine!
I turn away, feeling as though I played off the situation really rather well and touch my sunglasses.
And there they are.
Knocked askew off my nose. And I mean, like, I don't know how they were still on my face- the bridge was nowhere close to sitting on my nose.
Right after talking to cute-boy.
Yeah, I pulled that one off rather well, if I say so myself. :*D Ahhh. I still cry laughing about it.
2. I had to climb a mountain of snow to get over the sidewalk to cross the street. While so carefully making my way over, my feet slipped clean out from under me and I ended up straddling the top of the mountain. To add to my shame, I saw a passing car full of kids rolling in laughter at me. To make it worse, there was no easy way of un-straddling myself... egads.
3. I had a 7 am Book of Mormon class that very first freshman semester. That meant tearing myself out of bed at the wee hours of the morning and walking to class in complete darkness at about 6:40 to make it there in time. One particularly cold morning, I was wearing this beautiful new pink scarf Mom had made for me. I love it, but the dang thing would not stay around my neck. And it was cold. After numerous attempts, I've had it with the darn scarf and I chuck it over my shoulder as hard as I possibly can.
The force of my throw was too much even for me, and my feet promptly went completely out from under me, landing flat on my side and right onto my poor elbow trying to catch my fall.
The only upside? No one was awake or around to see it.

I don't know what it was, but when Brian and I were first dating I spilled everything. And not like, oops, I spilled a little dot of mustard on my shirt, like, oh crap, there goes my entire 32 oz big gulp from Horkley's all over, well, everywhere. I'm positive that happened more than once, and one time where the bowl of fresh- made Michelle guacamole also went whirring out of my hands and spilled all over the sofa. Another time, I was using a mason jar for a big glass of chocolate milk and it shattered and literally exploded chocolate milk everywhere while I was stirring it. Brian was there to witness it every. single. time. I really don't know why he kept dating me, because every time it happened, half of the mess would get all over me and I'd end up running off to get cleaned up and changed only to come back and find Brian cleaning up the huge mess I'd left behind. It was then I knew he was a keeper.
This last crappy picture is just about that: crap! Much more recently I had one of those mom moments where everything just went wrong. The highlight of the morning occurred right after the boys' bath. Hudson was having some tummy issues and as a result had a diaper rash that I was trying really hard to help heal. They tell you to leave their diaper off as much as possible to help the healing, and so I was letting the little stinker crawl around a la nude for a bit. Next thing I know there's an awful sound and a huge streak of poo shot across the carpet. To which Miles' roared, "Ha ha ha! Nice shot Hudson!!!" I have to admit, it even made me laugh. In the anxiety of the moment, I knew I needed to get the mess cleaned up quickly and so stuck the still-nude Hudson in his crib. I'm scrubbing the floor when Hudson, triumphantly, pulls himself to standing position and proceeds to desecrate the entire crib... oh boy. Really, the whole thing was even actually funny to me at the time, and Miles just found the entire thing hysterical. I think I've blocked out all the other horrible things that happened that morning, but that particular situation I will never forget. He ended up right back in the bath. Stinker.


2 comments:
Oh gosh I laughed!! I remember your "Ice"burg stories...bahahaha!!! And I never realized you had a drinking problem in college. ; )
I had to read the poo story to Scott, and we laughed together. Your boys are just so WONDERFUL!!
Hahahaha!
LOVED it!
I never heard the "straddling the ice" story. Oh man, that was beautiful.
And as for the poo story, 10 points! :'D
Post a Comment