Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Buffalo Bill Museum


*Beware of picture overload....


Somehow, Brian managed to get away with my pictures, again! So even though it's completely out of order, I'm just going to blog about our visit to the museum in Cody since we only had my camera there; thus, I have all the pictures! :)



We went down to Cody to visit my great-granny (Miles' great-great-grandma) and to go to my cousin's wedding. So we left early on Sat. morning to go visit the museum because I had never been. I was actually born in Cody and we visited there almost every year when I was a teen- how had I never been?!


We spent most of our time in three galleries: Native American, the Buffalo Bill stuff, and the Natural History wing. We did also peruse the gun collection, but I'd have to say the natural history section was probably my favorite- even though the entire thing was really fun!


Buffalo Bill statue


Our photo with "Buffalo Bill." Miles was enamored with his mustache. ;)


GAAAAH! Polar Bear!



Oh no! He got 'im a Miles! Ahaha- it cracks me up how he really looks afraid in this one!


However, Tasha is not afraid of bears.


Lil' Buckaroo



Wow... it's painfully obvious that I don't wear corsets. I don't believe that Victorian wedding dress would fit me.

"I said Moose tracks- not Moose cracks!!!"- Daddy Ben. Ahahahahaaa! It's a shame his crack is so hard to see in this photo!



You never knew what an amazing fisherman I was, eh? I would've posted Tasha's deer wrangle, & Beth's moose capture, but I didn't want to over do it even more on the photos...


Miles and Grandma and Beth and Tasha


Mail coach from Deadwood to Cheyenne



peeking out the teepee

"Can somebody hand me the 'paper?"

Off into the sunset!!! (Mom and Tasha are our horses, if I must explain... ;)

2 comments:

AE said...

and I was going to be in Cody at the same time you were down there! I never knew you were born there. Did you live there long when you were a kid?

Suzanne said...

Oh! So Miles will let Buffalo Bill STRANGER hold him, but I couldn't even smile at him without making him cry! NICE!

Looks like you had a great trip!